Having searched high and low for a suitable expedition facemark, we finally found one that works. The FXR Boost Anti Fog balaclava facemark is a great commercial solution for cold weather expeditions. The snorkel, a contoured neoprene nose mask, diverts breath down, preventing fogging. It is also "stood off" the face, keeping ice build up away from the mouth.
The Windproof neoprene eye-port cover protects the face, with a dual layer on the neck and chin.
Tested in Antarctica from coast to pole, this solution beat all other face masks we’ve tried.
• Windproof neoprene eye-port cover
• Breathable, brushed, mid-weight Omni-Stretch™ construction for mild to mid-weather riding
• Max-comfort laser-cut breath holes in neoprene mouth vent
• Dual layer wind-block chin and neck
• Flared shoulder area increases cold weather protection
• Flat-lock stitching for comfort and durability